Publisher: Simon & Schuster (October 2010)
Reading Level: YA
Description from GoodReads:
Nora should have know her life was far from perfect. Despite starting a relationship with her guardian angel, Patch (who, title aside, can be described anything but angelic), and surviving an attempt on her life, things are not looking up. Patch is starting to pull away and Nora can’t figure out if it’s for her best interest or if his interest has shifted to her arch-enemy Marcie Millar. Not to mention that Nora is haunted by images of her father and she becomes obsessed with finding out what really happened to him that night he left for Portland and never came home.
The farther Nora delves into the mystery of her father’s death, the more she comes to question if her Nephilim blood line has something to do with it as well as why she seems to be in danger more than the average girl. Since Patch isn’t answering her questions and seems to be standing in her way, she has to start finding the answers on her own. Relying too heavily on the fact that she has a guardian angel puts Nora at risk again and again. But can she really count on Patch or is he hiding secrets darker than she can even imagine?
Recently, I acquired an ARC of CRESCENDO by Becca Fitzpatrick. I am pretty certain that the person who had it was clueless about how many people would do just about anything to get their hands on it. I started to think about it and decided that rather than keep it solely for myself I would hold a contest. But I didn’t want to hold any contest. I decided I wanted to connect it with something that is really important to me. Early literacy is a big concern of mine. How do we help children get excited about books and reading?!
Rather than just have people comment about why they want this ARC or have you follow the blog. There will be some challenges which will help support literacy and earn you entries.
Here are the rules:
1. All participants must complete an entry form.
2. You must be 13 or older to enter.
3. On the form, there are some required items that anyone can complete in order to enter. To earn additional entries, there are some challenges that I believe most people can complete but are not required in order to enter.
4. The contest is open internationally. International participants – if you are unable to complete something because it does not apply to your country, please email me at: kidlitfrenzy(at)gmail(dot)com.
5. To encourage people to do more than just comment and follow the blog, I will also throw in an ARC of Matched by Ally Condie . What does that mean? If the selected winner only did the basic and wins, you get the ARC of CRESCENDO. However, if the selected winner did many or all of the items, then s/he will also win MATCHED. (Note: Judging this will be at my discretion.)
6. The contest will end at 11:50 P.M. PDT on August 23, 2010.
Click here to complete the entry form. Please email me at kidlitfrenzy(at)gmail(dot)com if you are unable to access the link for the form.